Radio Psicotropicodelia: 2007-2009: ailedociportocisP oidaR

quinta-feira, abril 09, 2009

Tale Twist - 0 ep (Psicotropicodelia Music, PTDM017)


[[ ENGLISH ]]


Noisy mash-ups & fragments, infinite details and textures, sonic impact and refined production skills: they mark the sound of Tale Twist, well represented on this first EP for the label.

How could we not enjoy such madness?
All in all, it's one more outta control schizosonic, plenty of great ideas, takin' over the place.
Go listen it!


ARTIST'S RELEASE



Tale Twist it' s a one man effort to make music. It' s João Ricardo experimenting with sounds basically. After finishing my degree, back in 2002, in graphic design and art direction, living in manchester, uk for 4 years, I came across the mighty John Peel´s show on BBC´s radio one and from that point on I believe my life has never being the same....... He started it all, really. I mean that show was extremelly rich, he used to play tunes from all over the globe, the pig pigs 78 was just class....I loved that part of the show.....But anyhow.....I still got all the tapes I recorded from those lonely nights.....

Moving on I started off having an urge to make electronic music. I used to be a headbanger and Ii used to play play guitar in a heavy metal band called "Sanatariun" and since then I tryed to make music that was like two or three styles in one, like a mix within a song, therefore i normally try to create something that actually celebrate the diversity of styles and genres. That's my intention any way. composers like John Cage and the movement called serialism, inspired me to create music, influenced by the notion of 'chance', instead of following some sort of tone or something.....

I have been listennig lots of different musicians, but i have been strongly influenced by Venetians Snares, Aphex Twin, End.user, Bong-Ra, Shitmat, Blaerg, Dev/null, Ladyscraper, Drumcorps, Duran Duran Duran, Producer Snafu, Binray....

I mean all that twisted beat frenzy makes my day. But I am also listening to free jazz improvisation, love Fantomas(you are the ones!), Mike Patton was and has always been a big influence on me, "Director's cut" and "Suspended animation" have got to be the most insane and creative work ever......

I normally produce using Live and Reason at the same time. Most of the old material have been made using only Reason, but i have grown very fond of Live and the combination of both as well as working out samples using Cubase or Audacity.

No copyright material have been used in the making of my music. All samples have been twisted and bent by me and all the original files are distributed for free over the net.





[[ PORTUGUÊS ]]



Colagens/mash-ups, infinitos detalhes e texturas, fragmentos ruidosos, impacto e técnica apurada de produção: marcam o som do projeto Tale Twist, bem representado nesse primeiro EP pelo selo.

Gostamos de cara de toda essa loucura sônica.
Enfim, é mais um psicotropicodélico fora dos eixos e com grandes ideias na área.
Aproveitem!


RELEASE DO ARTISTA


Tale Twist é um projeto de música eletrônica experimental que nasceu com o intuito de misturar diferentes estilos em um único som. É uma tentativa de destruir as barreiras contidas dentro de estilos e gêneros, o que resulta na livre expressão artística sem rótulos, mas ao mesmo tempo dando vazão na musicalidade.

Eu me baseio na ideia da colagem, da chance cujos precursores são os músicos serialistas, como John Cage e outras pessoas que estavam interessadas em fazer música livre, quebrando as mordaças de tons e ritmos, criando algo rico em experimentação e diversidade.

Tenho influências de várias as partes como Aphex Twin, Venetians Snares, Dev/null, Prodigy, Beck, Fantomas, Isotope 217, blevin blectum, etc.

Eu acredito que minha música se resume no próprio nome do projeto, o qual pode ter duplo significado, mas na verdade só remete à distorção de um conto, como a vida, cheia de sinais e caminhos tortuosos que levam a lugares inesperados e as vezes, impensáveis ou surreais.


Muito obrigado por todos que estão escutando minhas músicas e que minhas ondas sonoras façam cócegas em seus tímpanos.



FULL DOWNLOAD/ STREAMING:









Duração Total (TOTAL TIME): 26min 59sec




    Arte Gráfica (Artwork): João Ricardo [Tale Twist]


    2 comentários:

    duir3472 duir3472 (Hildesheim [NI] - Germany) disse...

    sehr schlecht


    übersteuert schmerzende Ohren

    cvijaxo (Malmö Sweden) disse...

    Uncompromissing
    8 out of 10

    Very noisy, interessant and uncompromissing album. Not always inside borders of my liking but as I said intruguing enough that I want to listen more until the very end. I like vocal treatments too. Interessant addition in larger and larger collection of Jamendo experimentators.